What's bittorent ? How it work ?
If you are new to torrent downloading, then you will definitely want to read about how the system works. Torrents ( as known as 'bittorrents' ) is a communications protocol of peer-to-peer file sharing ("P2P") which is used to distribute data and electronic files over the Internet.
What exactly is "bittorent" ?
BitTorrent is one of the most common protocols for transferring large files, such as software, music, movies, and digital books online.
The BitTorrent protocol can be used to reduce the server and network impact of distributing large files. Rather than downloading a file from a single source server, the BitTorrent protocol allows users to join a "swarm" of hosts to upload to/download from each other simultaneously.
Unlike some other peer-to-peer downloading methods, BitTorrent is a protocol that offloads some of the file tracking work to a central server (called a tracker). Another difference is that it uses a principal called tit-for-tat. This means that in order to receive files, you have to give them. With BitTorrent, the more files you share with others, the faster your downloads are. Finally, to make better use of available Internet bandwidth (the pipeline for data transmission), BitTorrent downloads different pieces of the file you want simultaneously from multiple computers.
- Torrents are like heaven, who loves to download a lot from the internet.
- You can free download Movies, Games, Software’s and others.
- You can share any file to the whole world with short duration.
- You can use torrents for personal and private uses by uploading the torrents to torrent sites
- Not all torrents are infected by the Virus some of the porn torrents are most likely to be infected. Many of the torrents files are virus.
- Download and Upload speed torrent sucks when using torrents !
- Torrent are "World of piracy" : Many of the Software’s and Games in the torrents are pirated versions.
How it works
- You open a Web page and click on a link for the file you want.
- BitTorrent client software communicates with a tracker to find other computers running BitTorrent that have the complete file (seed computers) and those with a portion of the file (peers that are usually in the process of downloading the file).
- The tracker identifies the swarm, which is the connected computers that have all of or a portion of the file and are in the process of sending or receiving it.
- The tracker helps the client software trade pieces of the file you want with other computers in the swarm. Your computer receives multiple pieces of the file simultaneously.
- If you continue to run the BitTorrent client software after your download is complete, others can receive .torrent files from your computer; your future download rates improve because you are ranked higher in the "tit-for-tat" system.
Downloading pieces of the file at the same time helps solve a common problem with other peer-to-peer download methods: Peers upload at a much slower rate than they download. By downloading multiple pieces at the same time, the overall speed is greatly improved. The more computers involved in the swarm, the faster the file transfer occurs because there are more sources of each piece of the file. For this reason, BitTorrent is especially useful for large, popular files.
What are Torrents files?
Torrents are nothing but files like Games, Software, movies..etc that shared for the downloading. The standard Torrents files comes with .torrent extension which includes the tracker and files information related to your torrent file, this .torrent file can be used with top best torrent clients 2016 to download your desired files via these clients.